Monday, April 29, 2013

Jessie Girl Cosmetics: Julie G Frosted Gumdrops Nail Polish



As I was browsing some nail blogs I kept seeing Julie G Frosted Gumdrops nail polish. It is a ultra glittery nail polish with a textured feel. I then saw that Groupon was offering a deal of the set of six for the low price of $12.99. So of course I ordered them. They arrived as scheduled all intact.

Frosted Gumdrops Collection

Like the polish junkie I am I had to give them a whirl. When applying I noticed that the coverage is excellent. I started with a base coat and with only one coat and I had full coverage. I applied two coats and my nails were so sparkly. The texture is neat, you feel the roughness of the glitter. It isn't scratchy at all. Love it!

Of course with such high sparkle and the textured feel I knew that I was going to be in some trouble when trying to remove it. To my delight I was wrong. I used an acetone based remover and had no issues at all. I just placed a remover soaked ball of cotton on each nail and left them there as I removed the polish from my other nails. Viola!
Frosted Gumdrops: Crushed Candy

Of course I had to give the pink one a whirl but I wanted some contrast. Starting with Finger Paint base coat, I then applied Crushed Candy (color above) to the entire nail. The tips were done in a matte black. I purchased the matte black from Ebay and it came from Japan. I am not sure of the brand. 

Pictured Left to Right; Finger Paints base coat, Crushed Candy,  Matte Black
French Tip Manicure


All in all Jesse Girl Cosmetics Julie G Frosted Gumdrops nail polish gets a pretty polished thumbs up!

Thanks for stopping by 

<3 Pinky


No comments:

Post a Comment